One of the best ways to market your business is by hosting events that align with your brand to draw in new customers and keep existing customers engaged. As a community meeting house, this makes perfect sense for us at Bottoms Up Coffee Co-Op. That’s why we are organizing and/or hosting many fun and educational community events that community partners have approached us about or that we created. Below is a list of events taking place at Bottoms Up Co-Op, 1069 W. Broad St. Columbus, OH 43222 in March:
- Bottoms Up Book Club Kick-off: “EVICTED: Poverty and Profit in the Great American city.” Tuesday 3/14 @ 6-7pm Chapters 1-4. This 7-part book club will open your eyes to the homelessness epidemic facing many cities throughout the country, specifically 8 families in Milwaukee as they struggle to keep a roof over their head. The book club will culminate with an opportunity to attend the Community Shelter Board’s Under One Roof annual fundraiser and hear from the author, Matthew Desmond himself. Two commissioners on the Columbus Women’s Commission, Housing Committee will be leading the conversations about the text, policy analysis and news supplement.
- Democratic Socialists of Central Ohio Jacobin Reading Group, Tuesday, 3/14 @ 7-9pm A committee of the larger organization, this group will be meeting to discuss ways to strengthen the grassroots work being done by the Democratic Socialists of Central Ohio by studying and reading best practices.
- Columbus Young Professional’s Social Impact Through Business feat. Bottoms Up and Bake Me Happy, Thursday 3/16 @ 6-8pm Calling all social entrepreneurs! Join the CYP Club for an after-work community impact event in the Franklinton neighborhood of downtown Columbus. It’s free to attend and all are welcome. Warm beverages will be provided courtesy of Bottoms Up Coffee, and Bake Me Happy will be supplying the sweets. All we ask is that you donate a bag or box of diapers toward their cause (or make a cash donation at the door).
- Bottoms Up Open Mic, Friday 3/17 @ 6-8pm This FREE event is open to performers and spectators of all ages. Instrumentalists, singers, dancers, storytellers, poets, jugglers, magicians and others are all welcome. Audience seating and speaker line-up is on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Hear Jane Roar Mic Night, Thursday 3/23 @ 7-9pm To provide a platform for women to share their stories, become empowered and change our world.
- Bottoms Up Book Club: “EVICTED” (session 2/7) on Tuesday 3/28 @ 6-7pm Chapters 4-8. This session will focus on the policy analysis and news supplement discussion.
- Democratic Socialists of Central Ohio Community Hours, Saturday 3/25 @ 11-3pm The Democratic Socialists of Ohio group will be answering questions and hosting conversations about their movement.
- Councilmember Stinziano’s Community Hours Friday 3/31 @ 9-10:30am Community Hours offer citizens the opportunity to tell Councilmember Stinziano what is important to them and how he and City Council can help. All members of the Columbus community are encouraged to attend.
Make sure you check out our Facebook Page Bottoms Up Coffee Co-Op to stay engaged and sign up for alerts so you don’t miss any of our upcoming events. All of our events are free, family-friendly and open to the public!