Mother’s Day Birth Plan Workshop
We are so excited to partner with CHOICE Midwives, the Ohio Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics and Kelli Blinn, Lactation Consultant for a special Mother’s Day event! On May 11th, Bottoms Up will be hosting a Mother’s Day Birth Plan Workshop with free giveaways including a donated session by an expert Lactation Consultant. Registration is required. A group of pregnant moms from the Van Buren Homeless Shelter down the street will be joining us.
Giveaways include goodies inside Finnish Baby Boxes courtesy of CHOICE Midwives and baby sleep sacks courtesy of the Ohio AAP Foundation.
CHOICE is working to establish a community birth center that will provide a home-like atmosphere for childbirth while insuring the availability of full medical services in case of an emergency and they are the first official Baby Box distribution site in Central Ohio.
Other functions of CHOICE are:
* To provide education in infant care and development.
* To provide an ongoing family enrichment program.
* To provide a postpartum care service in the home.
* To initiate and develop scientific research programs.
* To educate and certify professional midwives to attend births.
Franklinton/Hilltop Neighborhood Walk to Prevent Infant Mortality with the CelebrateOne Connector Corps
Join the CelebrateOne Connectors every other Friday around noon at Bottoms Up to walk around the neighborhood while giving out diapers and informational materials to families and raise awareness around infant mortality. Check out the calendar of events on the Bottoms Up website for dates and times!
NEW Franklinton Legacy Member
Thanks so much to Jason Koma, Regional Director, Gov. Affairs & Regional Development of the Mount Carmel Health System for becoming a Franklinton Legacy member!
May Events Calendar @ Bottoms Up is now LIVE on the Bottoms Up Website so be sure to check it out monthly for updates. Here’s a recap:
- Bottoms Up Game Night, Friday, 5/5 from 5:30pm-7:30pm Join the Bottoms Up Mentor Corps as we host Bottoms Up Game night along with Franklinton Prep Academy and the neighborhood kiddos every first Friday of the month! Free admission and hot chocolate included!
- Bottoms Up Book Club “EVICTED: Poverty and Profit in the Great American city.” Tuesday 5/9 from 6-7pm Chapters 1-20 and Tuesday, 5/23 @ 6-7pm Chapters 1-24.
- The Franklinton/Hilltop Walk to Reduce Infant Mortality: Every other Friday, 5/5 and 5/19 @ 12pm-1pm.
- CLOSED: Memorial Day Weekend Saturday 5/27 and Monday 5/29 – Coffee shop will be closed in observance of the holiday. Coworking members will still have access to the coworking space sans the coffee shop services.